Are you searching for answers about upgrading your tired, old telephone system? Maybe you are opening new offices and aren’t sure about embracing new technologies when it comes to telephones? You might just want to stop paying so much on your regular monthly telephone bill?
If your business telephone system is getting ‘a bit tired’, or your business is at that stage of needing a new telephone system, then it may be time to be looking at making the most of the advantages offered by VoIP and the cost savings it can bring.
There are 2 different ways of getting into the newer technology telephone system, and each has its pros and cons. Hosted PBX / Cloud PBX and IP-PBX. Both use IP telephones, which connect via your data network to the internet. This can eliminate the need for ‘doubling up’ of cabling in the office environment – another cost saving. There is no longer a requirement for dedicated telephone cabling to each phone.
Most IP telephones contain 2 Ethernet ports – 1 port for the connection to the internet, and another port (called a pass-through port) for the computer connection.
Depending on the model of IP telephone, these ports can be Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps), or full Gigabit (1000 Mbps), so there is no detriment to the operation of the network connection to the computer. Simply unplug the computer network cable from the wall outlet, connect the telephone to the wall outlet, and plug the computer network cable into the telephone. Both devices are then operating off the one wall outlet.
Hosted PBX / Cloud PBX
The main control device for the telephones lives in the internet, and is controlled by your service provider.
This has advantages and some disadvantages.
- Cheaper – all you are buying are the telephones, and this may also incorporate a call plan with included calls.
- Greater expansion possibilities – not limited to the specification of ‘the box’.
- No main control box to maintain and keep up-to-date with firmware upgrades.
- Totally portable system – just take the telephones with you.
- Telephones will work in the office, and at home or away – just need a good internet connection to work.
- Less flexibility in the configuration of the telephone system than with an on-site control box.
- Less control over the daily operation of the telephone system.
Pinnacle Phone and Data is an authorised partner with Yeastar, a company we trust and recommend.
Yeastar provide solutions for both Cloud PBX and on-site IP-PBX systems.
More information on Yeastar at www.yeastar.com
All hardware for your telephone system belongs to you, and the main control box is on your site. This also has advantages and some disadvantages.
- The telephone system can be tailored and configured to your needs and the way you work.
- You have control over the telephone system, and it’s day/night operation.
- Easier to customise/personalise the message-on-hold, and other system greetings.
- Wider choice of IP telephone makes and models (and prices).
- May allow connection of analog trunks (via the ‘Phone’ port of your NBN router), as well as 3G/4G SIM card versatility.
- May allow connection of normal analog telephones or fax machines, in addition to the IP telephones.
- Main control box needs to be installed on one site, and is incorporated into the data network.
- IP phones are either configured for ‘on-site’ or ‘off-site’ operation. You can have an IP telephone at home, but you cannot bring it into the office, and vice versa.
- Main control box may require firmware upgrades to be kept up-to-date.
Pinnacle Phone and Data has done extensive bench testing and field deployment of the S-Series IP-PBX by Yeastar. This is an all-in-one telephony solution, feature rich PBX for everyday use.
Yeastar IP-PBX’s have a 3-year warranty, and are built on modular technology, which means the hardware have optional modules for the required combination of phones and telephone lines (trunks).
There are no licence fees required for any of the inbuilt features.
Both Yeastar Cloud PBX and Yeastar IP-PBX include a Unified Communications Softphone, called Linkus
Linkus Softphone app can be installed on your mobile device and desktop. Available using Microsoft Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android.
Please contact us for more information about:-
Phone Systems; Telephone Systems; Telephone System Installation; Telephone System Maintenance; Telephone System Repairs; Telephone System Relocations; New Telephone Systems; Used Telephone Systems; Refurbished Telephone Systems; Business Phones; Phone Line Relocations; IP Telephone Systems; VoIP Telephones; VoIP Telephone Systems; Key Telephone Systems; Telephone Headsets; Music-on-Hold; Music-on-Hold Player; Telephone and Data Cabling; Telephone Outlets; ADSL Outlets; ADSL Configuration; ADSL Filtering; Computer Cabling; Data Cabling; Data Networks; Data Cabinets; Patch Panels; Home Networks; Computer Hardware.